Up to 80% of the total costs of industrial enterprises are incurred in the area of procurement.
Here are the greatest challenges in purchasing: A small number of providers available, little cost transparency with offers and short time frames for individual purchasing activities.
If you want to make the best use of the „market“, we would give you the following recommendations:
- Set your priorities already at the moment of new purchases
- Enlarge your supplier base
- Foster the technical exchange between people from purchasing and R&D
- Utilise cost analyses in purchasing to evaluate offers
- Improve your quotation request forms
Creative approaches and changing rules of the game in purchasing are the keys to sustainable success. Employing the right strategy will yield improved competitiveness and will provide you with better arguments for negotiations.